How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33906
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left a trailer at a local business to have them load a shuttle/crate

Customer Question

I left a trailer at a local business to have them load a shuttle/crate of fertilizer. I asked them if I need to com by and pick it up and was told by one of the employees that he would bring it by my house. They didn't. I went by this morning and thr trailer was gone, no one new where it was and the didn't bother to call to ask me if I had picked it up, or event bother to report it stolen. Trailer value is $1300-1500, it will cost an additional $1300-1500 to replace. Can I make a claim in Texas Small Claims court and how do I go about it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

You can file a lawsuit against them in small claims court. In Texas that will usually be in the local Justice of the Peace office who has jurisdiction up to $10k.

JD 1992 :

You start the lawsuit by filing a petition and they usually have a form there that you can use. You then have the Sheriff's Department serve it on them and they have about 20 days to file an answer. After that the judge will set it for a hearing.