How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33734
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Federal Civil Court where the Judge has entered an Order

This answer was rated:

In Federal Civil Court where the Judge has entered an Order To Show Cause why a complaint shouldn't be stricken pursuant to Defense Motion, is there a specific Motion or language in the response that should be used to Object to an Order to Strike that preserves the right to Appeal?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

There is no specific language required in order to preserve the right to appeal. What most people would file would be an Objection and Response to Motion to Strike and submit any evidence you have as well as any case law that supports your point inside that response or, if the case law is very long, in a brief accompanying the motion.

JD 1992 :

Please feel free to ask any additional questions you have in this thread. However, I am assisting several people this morning and it may take a little while to respond back to you so please be patient.



Dwayne B. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you