Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I just had my car repoed for the second time. Due to hardship

I just had my car repoed for the second time. Due to hardship I owe less than 5000.00 if I pay the balance of the loan will they give it back?

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service

Did you receive a statement from the lender telling you exactly what you owe and what costs you would have to pay in order to be squared away with the lender ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not that I know of. However about a month ago I called and asked my pay off and the told my about 5000.00

Hi, Lawrence, Thank you for your additional information,

You would be able to get the car back only if you act quickly and it has not been sold, or put up for sale at auction. That would mean not only paying the outstanding balance of the loan, but also all costs that they have incurred, including but not limited to towing charges (if they had to tow it away), attorneys fees and other costs and expenses the lender claims they have incurred. Therefore, you would have to call them first thing on Monday (unless they are open on Saturdays) and ask what their total charges are and what the exact outstanding balance is. If you dispute any of the charges, you would have to do so after you got the car back because right now, they have your car and will sell it, if they are not paid in full in the amount that is reflected on their records,

__________________________________________________________________

If I have not Answered your question completely, please use the "Reply" button to let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I actually just happened a few hours ago. Thank you so much!

If it just happened, then you probably have a good chance of getting it back. Just be sure that you pay whatever they claim they incurred in costs because they will not consider it as "paid in full" unless you pay their costs. If you disagree with their costs, you can dispute them later. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating because that is the only way I can receive credit for assisting you,

_____________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks a million!

You're welcome a zillion, Lawrence,

If you need anything further, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea only, .......... "