How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

foreclosurehome currently in is

Customer Question

home currently in preforeclosure.
mortgage is currently ib my father's name.
Im the tenant living in the home.
I never signed anything when my father purchased it.
I have communicated wih the mortgage company directly without a signed agreement.
can the mortgage company legally list my name under the south carolina public index if the the mortgage isnt in my name.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you, but I do need to clarify my understanding of your question. The public index you are referring to, is that the court index or register of actions related to the foreclosure? If so, you may be listed as an interested party due to the Federal rental protection laws which allow a tenant to remain in the property after the foreclosure.

William B. Esq. :

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!