How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118772
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ihave been disabled since 12/30/11 . After 90 day I received

This answer was rated:

Ihave been disabled since 12/30/11 . After 90 day I received a monthly benifit from a private ins. In Jan.2012 SSA aproved my claim as of 6/1/12 . I informed and sent all documents to the private ins. They sent a letter on what I owed them. This I paid, the remainder went to many bills ect. Afew months latter they sent a letter , we made a mistake you need to pay us 12k I was put on a repaiment plan and continued to get a small check from them monthly. Then last week another letter we made a mistake on the 2nd monthly amount and you owe us back even more!!!!!! incomprtent twice!!! Do I have to pay all this back after two scew ups ?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Unfortunately, if they actually prove that you owe them this money, then even though they made a mistake you have to repay them. However, you are entitled to demand proof and a written accounting for your account to prove the amounts they claim are due and you have the right to review those amounts to determine if the insurance company's accounting is even correct. If you review the accounting they provide and find errors then you have a right to dispute them and take them to court for their errors if they will not correct them. If their accounting is correct, I am afraid you would have to pay and negotiate as you have been told.

However, before you do anything, demand an itemized accounting on that account and investigate their allegations to determine if they are even correct.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you