How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38896
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CA: We are Pro Se Defendants in a Summary Judgment. We filed

This answer was rated:

CA: We are Pro Se Defendants in a Summary Judgment. We filed our opposition per Ca Rules of Court. The Plaintiff a city has not replied to us with their statement questions we asked and the hearing is this Monday. We do not if they filed with the court their reply against our opposition and statements. Can you tell us if they were supposed to serve us with a copy?

Every document filed with the court must be served on all parties in the case -- no exceptions. This is fundamental "due process of law."

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess they want to screw with us and snail mail it. Could they just decide to ignore extension and go in on Monday to hearing and orally agrue we somehow messed up our opposition and plead for judgment?
There is no requirement that your opponent reply. So, yes, the plaintiff could simply appear and argue orally that your objection has no merit, and judgment should be entered for plaintiff.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38896
Experience: Retired (mostly)
socrateaser and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are my questions and answers viewed online by everyone? I'm not charged for this question, am I? If so please delete this question.
I was trying to sign up for a mo/week of questions and did it go through?
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.