How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Midflorida credit union took over bay gulf federal credit union

This answer was rated:

Midflorida credit union took over bay gulf federal credit union a few years ago. We got behind on a couple of payments.On may 28th we got a letter from Attorney Arthur S Corrales,in order to cure said breach,we must forward,by or on July 2,2013,the sum of 1,870.90 ,plus attorneys fees of $55.00-so we called the collection dept and ask her how much we needed to have,as we were borrowing the money-she said$1850.90-so we had a check written for that amount,plus we sent in $696.34 for the month of June. On June we got a let fee and was it was written that they told the credit union that we had a late payment,missed payment or other default on our account,then we got a second notice on June 25th,not even a 10 days later.What can we do about the not being honest and coming up with monies that we claim that we we,after we took out a loan for what they wrote that we owe and keep on adding to it and putting the burden of proof is on us.It seems that the collection officer doesn't,t have the right information and we have sent her bank statements of cancelled checks nd copies of cancelled checks for the past 2 years. They never subtracted the proof of payment. We are tapped out financially and almost have the loan payed for.Please help! What is our recourse?Thank you for your help
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you have proof of all of the payments and they never properly subtracted proof of payment, then this is their duty to correct. If they fail to correct it, then it is a violation of their contract with you and it is a breach of contract for which you can sue them over and seek any damages that it has caused you to try to now resolve this matter because of their error. Suing them is your last hope if you cannot get a supervisor at the credit union to fix this error and because of the amount you can sue them in small claims court without an attorney for this breach of contract.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you