How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33904
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my car undergo extensive restoration in it back

Customer Question

I had my car undergo extensive restoration in it back , after 3 years, had all sorts of took it back to correct the it back, abt 1 year ago....nothing but problems....wires cut all over the place, items removed from the car that were in perfect working is a nightmare....complained to atty general...that was useless!! in what?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

I need you to be a little more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what now" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Dwayne B. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is obvious I can sue the co...i trust the statute of limitations has not expired - But it means the action has to take place in OH, tow the car to OH, depos in OH...a damn big expense i was trying to avoid...FOR THREE YEARS, which is how long they had my car. Atty Gen insists I have to take civil action, they will not take action...bottom do I get a refund to cover the costs to get the required work done here in best guess would be abt $25,000 to fix the damage they have done to my car.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
You are likely going to have to sue them in Ohio, although you can try suing them where you live and see what happens. If you made the contract over the telephone, the car was delivered back to you where you live, you used your bank to pay them and the check was presented there, etc. all of that can count toward you having venue and jurisdiction where you live.

However, if they object the court may say you have to sue them in OH. There is no reason to tow the car back there although the remainder of the expenses would take place there.

You have a six year statute of limitations on breach of oral contract on OH and a 15 year statute of limitations on breach of a written contract.

Either place you decide to sue if you hire an attorney then their fees are recoverable as well.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.