Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

This webpage is found on www.enoughhomeless.blog.com For

This webpage is found on...
This webpage is found on www.enoughhomeless.blog.com For a very long time I thought that the blog was dead because I killed it. I killed it because blog.com didn't allow me to do anything to the blog. Not long ago from another blog which is www.simplesite.com/brothertimothy I wrote about the past blog that I had and mentioned that there is no need to click on it. I was curious if someone else was using the old url. My old blog was up again. blog.com is using the blog like I had tried with advertising. A lot of Big dogs are advertising. I my self am not able to do more than just click on. I am not able to write change update or allow advertising. Tomorrow is my last day at my present job till April of next year. How can I get my rights back in order to make this blog better and have the ability to earn income. Before I killed the blog I wrote several e.mails asking why the blog was down. I felt someone had been offended .
7/4/2013
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer, I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

Your relationship with the server (blog.com) is governed by contract. If the server is making money off the blog site content that you created by selling ad space, you may or may not be entitled to recover that money. The only way to determine this is by thoroughly reading your contract that you entered when you published the content.

While I would like to be able to narrow the scope of your contract review, I am not sure that it would be helpful, you can look for clauses for compensation and advertising, but these types of matters usually require that you read the entire document.

If you are entitled to compensation under the contract, you can sue the server for breach of contract. (You may be able to send them a letter identifying your rights under the terms of the contract and threaten suit - a "pre-litigation demand letter" in an effort to settle prior to filing a lawsuit).

William B. Esq. :

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

To William:

When I added another page to the blog this allowed me to continue writing It also gave me the ability to send money to blog.com so I can have a better selection of themes. I also was able to write them and let them know what was going on. I have been able to write before yet they tend to answer from that webpage. The fact that I haven't paid in the last year doesn't give me rights to the advertising income. The fact that they shut me down and made me mad after not hearing from them I just killed the web page. Somehow they brought it back. Now you know I gave you a high rating but no tip. Today was my last day of employment perhaps you can help me with another matter It was like a couple of years ago maybe 3 I bought enoughhomeless.com from a party called technolodgy bound.com They wouldn't give me my pass word for like 3 months. then I removed all that i could because i didn't like what they did on the web page. I didn't like having a portion of another web page it was one of the Big Dogs I insisted that they removed it as well. Like 3 or 4 months later the web page was down. I wrote and they had given it to Gator host. I didn't want them hosting it so at that time I was in good relations with blog.com so I gave them 18.00 to have the domain on my blog. After a while the domain name enoughhomeless was sent to a domain broker that sent it to another who at the time said that they would sell it back to me for 85.00 well I just didn't have the funds and so I waited It took close to 3 months then I received an e.mail and they now want 500.00 my intention is to bull doze their operation with writing about it and getting as many readers possible to know what inflation is.

I did tell them that the web page is a part of a ministry and that he the writer that wrote me would answer to God .

As soon as I have full control over the blog it will be www.enoughhomeless.org. Because of the fact that on the blog I have a link which links to just ask I hope that in the future others will be able to help you and to give you a financial tip.

Thanks

Timothy Xxx

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for the link. I have reviewed your post and see that due to the transfer of the domain name the price has increased substantially. While the free market nature allows this type of conduct, there is some informal resolution that may give you relief in this matter. You can try contacting ICAAN (www.icaan.org) a non-profit organization that works to prevent "cybersquatting". The most common resolution is a "Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy" which offers what is termed an "arbitration like dispute resolution" to decide these types of matters.

I hope this is of some help, the dramatic inflation in price is exactly the type of conduct that defines cybersquatting and ICAAN was specifically designed to deal with this type of conduct. There may be some form of judicial action, but these cases are difficult to prosecute (but not impossible).

Bill

I do very much appreciate this. I will tell others of your service.

thanks

Timothy Xxx

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney