How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117438
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in Tucson Arizona and have been attending school at

Customer Question

I reside in Tucson Arizona and have been attending school at Grand Canyon University. My goal has been obtaining my masters degree in nursing and obtaining a Family Nurse Practitioner license. 2 months from my graduation date I was called in to the school as a report came to them stating I had not performed my documented clinical hours for my geriatric rotation. The school at that time removed me from all classes as well as in clinic rotations which are both necessary for this course work. The school would not tell me who
Made this claim against me. I immediately began investigating where this had come from and my suspicion was high regarding a group I performed rotations with, witnessed fraud on their part, and reported them to the authorities. I explained to the school this was the case but also went back to facilities I had been at an obtained signatures from patients, owners, and staff which clearly proved I had been present.

The school held a hearing which I was allowed to attend but was not allowed to have any sort of representation. The board was hostile toward me but I did my best to stand before these 20 or so people. In the end the school admitted they found no fraud,
No forgery, no cheating on my part but because the documents I turned in were no to their liking, they failed me for the geriatric rotation as well as my final course I was currently taking. I have appealed with no luck. I have asked the school for help
And to provide me an advocate on 4 different occasions which they have not. In essence they have suspended me for another's bad acts, and fined me approx 10 thousand dollars which is my estimate to retake these courses. Note I obtained a B and an A in geriatrics which they changed to F in the last week. This matter presented on June 7th 2013. I am at a Loss how to deal further with this on my own but I need direction regarding how to sue this school.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Because you have pursued your appeals through the school and have lost, but you have evidence proving the school's decision is not proper based on the evidence, your next step is going to be that you would have to sue in court based on breach of contract and you would have to show that you honored your agreement with the school and that the school has now acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner in refusing to allow you to continue and removing you from the program in retaliation for you complaining about fraud in your program.

Unfortunately, you really must have an attorney for this type of suit, since the school is going to have a team of them and they will out maneuver you with legal procedure and you do not want that to happen as this is too important.

The school would have to prove the evidence they claim they are using to fail you and remove you from the program and it appears you have the evidence to prove they are fabricating their claims against you, so you are going to have to sue for breach of contract and their arbitrary and capricious decision based on their own fraud.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What type of attorney? Who has a strong aggressive tract record in the Tucson AZ area? I'm simply at such a loss as to how institutions can do as they please while wrecking people's lives...
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your response. You would need an education law or general litigation attorney and I must apologize but the rules of this site forbid us from making personal referrals. You can use the same sites used by other attorneys to find a local attorney, or or

I too, based on the evidence you describe, am at a loss as to why the school has acted in this manner.