How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28052
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have tenants in a home that I owe the mortgage on they said

Customer Question

I have tenants in a home that I owe the mortgage on they said they wanted to stay two years but they have been problematic in wanting to reprint a previously newly painted and to subdivide the basement and have their mother stay there s,owe sent them a lease notarized in may and they waited about a month to ask for an addendum about the painting needed to be put back when they left they said slightly less than a week ago that they had sent it back signed by express mail
We do not have the money to pay the mortgage aim on disability
We have just sent a text asking them to send the tracking number
What do we do next if we don't hear from them how much will an eviction. And suing the cost property is in Maryland thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The first thing to realize is that as the owner, you do not have to agree to allow them to make any changes to the rental property. You can certainly object to them subdividing the basement and allowing their mother to stay there or even repainting walls and other areas, which you just put a fresh coat of paint on. You also have no legal obligation to rent to them if the lease has expired to sign a lease for two years, if you only want one. Until you receive back from them a signed lease agreement, they would be considered month to month tenants, if the current lease has expired. If you still want to rent to them and have not yet received the lease back, which they claim to have signed, you can resend it and demand it be either emailed or faxed back, so you have proof that it was sent and received. As far as the cost, I have provided a link below for your review, that has the fee schedule. If you do not hear from them and they refuse to sign the lease which you provide, then you could give them the proper notice to vacate and if they fail to move, proceed with the eviction through the court.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The link you sent could not be clicked on as a link and when I did type it in it is a training form p,ease send the fee schedule. Thank you
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.
Try this link and click on " cost schedule"
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!