How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to do an act of donation to add my wife to the deed

This answer was rated:

I need to do an act of donation to add my wife to the deed of my house and remove my children as beneficiary what forms do I need for this

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Are your children currently listed as co-owners of the property or are they included in your will as heirs to the property?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i filled out a beneficiery form durring the original sale of the house and listed my two children ages 9 and 7 as well as my wife as the beneficiearies. i have not done an official will yet only that one document at time of sale


I see. If you included them as beneficiaries, it sounds as though you created a trust which holds the property. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i belive so it was a form that asked who the beneficiaries would be if i died

I see. You need to terminate the trust then and I don't have a form for you to achieve this, so I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals to get their opinion. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active, or rate this question yet as it would then discourage others from answering. Should a professional pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying a response from someone else.

My apologies for any inconvenience and Good Luck.

Thank you for your question. A different professional here. I happen to agree with the prior professional's suggestion on trust termination.

The issue here is exactly what type of trust it was, whether itw as revocable or irrevocable, what conditions may exist in the terms that would permit (or not permit) the termination of the conditions. Some trusts can be terminated, others may only be amended with beneficiary changes and formal trust addendums. I strongly urge you to have an attorney review the language to see if the trust can even be terminated at all. If it can be, you can contact your parrish courthouse to see if they have a trust cancellation packet available, or go to the link below where you should be able to find such terms for your situation:

Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

would i be able to find the paperwork for this trust in the closing documents if there is a trust? i have looked through all of the paperwork and have not found the beneficiaries form that i had originally signed nor any paperwork that shows who would recieve the property if i die. wouldthis be available at the courthouse or where could i find out this information

Thank you for your follow-up.

Your past attorney should have a copy of the trust documents, or you should have a copy with your closing. If not, and if your trust was filed with the courts as it should have been, you can contact the courthouse and request a copy of your file to see if the trust was evaluated by the probate courts in your area.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you