How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118286
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It is related to HKMA from Hong Kong new law that came out

This answer was rated:

It is related to HKMA from Hong Kong new law that came out last yearin August 2012. Will any of you able to help?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Are you asking about the HK Monetary Authority? What is your specific question relative to them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My question is;

Can we sign the Contract outside Lawyer's office or the Bank because after we sign the contract will be sending to the bank for proof of funds and proof of product anyway? Because the buyer's rep lead us to beleive that those are the only 2 options and they use it to their own benefits in getting seller to release important documents to them at the beginning.

Thank you for your response.

The HKMA laws do not mandate the contract be signed at the lawyer's office or the bank, but if the contract has to be notarized it must be signed in the presence of the notary and if the attorney or bank employee is the notary, then that is where the contracts are signed.

As the seller, you can demand that the contract get signed in your own lawyer's office so that your lawyer is there to protect you from the buyer trying to get you to release documents you do not want to release.

If the contract must be notarized, then it has to be signed in front of the notary wherever they agree to notarize the contract (be that the attorney or the bank officer who is a notary).

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you recommend 1 lawyer office that can help us with this business practice? You are very fast and efficient. If you are affiliate with any lawyer there, we are willing to use them.


Also can you send something in writing to my email that support your answer. I will need that to help seller.


Thank you for your response.

You have to get an attorney YOU trust and are comfortable with and if you are in business you really should have one readily available to you at all times.

I am sorry to say that we are forbidden by the law and site rules from personally referring attorneys, so the best we can do is tell you to use the same site we use as lawyers, or

We cannot email or communicate in any manner other than this site. You need to tell the seller that they need to inform the buyer and the buyer's agents that any signing of contracts will be done with the Seller's attorney if the buyer wants to do business with the seller.