How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue the state or courts for violating

Customer Question

Can I sue the state or courts for violating my 6th amendment? My motion to dismiss was denied in municipal court so I appealed and it was denied in superior I had to take it to appellate and they disposed of the case. Is it possible for me to sue for waisting my time and money on something that should have been dismissed in municipal?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

No, you can't sue the courts, the judge, or the state for what occurs in court or the judicial process. They all have judicial immunity for anything that occurs in court. You could, however, sue the other party for filing a frivolous case although it may be too late since generally these type of suits have to be brought at the same time as a counterclaim.

JACUSTOMER-g2dvujub- : Thatz definately not worth 22$
JD 1992 :

Because it wasn't the answer you wanted? You asked whether it could be done and I answered "no" because that is the answer.

JACUSTOMER-g2dvujub- : I understand that but that is not worth 22$ and I don't blame you but it was my fault for using the site sorry
JD 1992 :

Unfortunately, you set the price and the "Bad Service" rating now reflects negatively on me when all I did is answer your question correctly and promptly. I'll opt out.