How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12410
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a third party report an alleged married couple for ra

This answer was rated:

Can a third party report an alleged married couple for rape
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm not positive that I understand the situation. Can you provide a little more information? Do you mean that the married couple together raped somebody else? Do you mean that one spouse raped the other? Also, is the victim willing to request that charges be filed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No , one spouse raped to another over 1 year ago. Charges were never filed. Reports to police never made but a third party is trying for file charges to harass me . This third party. Wants vengeance for me trying to harass me. My spouse does not want to file any charges.



Hi again.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that in order to charge and eventually convict somebody of rape, there must be evidence. If the rape was seen by witnesses, then they could testify and it's possible that the accused could be convicted even if the victim herself refused to testify. But if there are no witnesses, and no other types of evidence that could convince a jury that a rape occurred beyond a reasonable doubt, then the prosecutor will not file charges. In the case of one spouse raping another, that would likely take place such that there are no witnesses, and the victim's testimony would be a necessity. Accordingly, while the third party can certainly inform police about what he/she thinks happened, and the police may ask a couple of questions, it would likely lead nowhere.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you