How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12365
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is recently divorced. Papers say "turn over possesion"

This answer was rated:

My daughter is recently divorced. Papers say "turn over possesion" of a car. She has been living with us in Texas, and her ex is in Colorado. Does she have to drive the car to Colorado?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Your daughter needs to work that out with her ex. If they can agree and work it out themselves, then that would be best. If they cannot, then a judge would likely rule that the car should be turned over in the county where the divorce took place since that's where the parties (at least at one time presumably) resided. If that is in Colorado, then I'm sorry to say that is likely what would need to be done. Hopefully, she can talk to her ex and resolve it by meeting in the middle somewhere, or perhaps she can pay to have the car shipped ... it's not too expensive.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you