TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

my daughter has a court order that states her child must be

my daughter has a court order that states her child must be home by 7 pm on sunday night. Recently my daughter was ordered to make the pick-up on sundays because the father claims he doesn't have the gas money to drive both ways. They live 1 1/2 hours away. The father is reusing to release the child until 7 pm causing my daughter to get home later than 9 pm. there also is a restraining order against him. He is also consistently late picking her up on friday night . The pick up is for 5pm but he never comes before 7 - sometimes 7:30 pm. What are the steps we can take to stop this behavior?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

If the father is not complying with the court's order regarding pickup, then your daughter can take this issue to the judge and ask the judge to (1) find the father in contempt for ignoring the court's order, (2) to reimburse for any expenses that your daughter should not have incurred (if any), and (3) order the father to comply with the court's order going forward. If the court finds the father to be in contempt, then the court can fine him, order him to reimburse expenses and alter the visitation order if necessary.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.