TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

my dog nipped a neighbors finger when he reached into our fenched

my dog nipped a neighbors finger when he reached into our fenched yard,thru the fence. the visiting man has a history of yelling obsenities at our mini dashaunds and cussing at them. we were away on vacation when this happened, our adult daughter was home. he came to our house yelling and scaring my daughter and continued to yell .. We do not condone our dogs behavior. However is this considered tresspassing? We live in missouri. After I confronted him about his behavior to my daughter he stated he would bring me down if he had to, meaning the conceal and carry law here in missouri. My daughter gave him a band aid, thats how small the injury was. . we contacted animal control and advised of the situation and they have no history at all of other bites.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Q: However is this considered tresspassing?

A: Based on what you describe, the answer is yes. It is trespassing to a hand into your yard without permission. Because of that, the trespassing may be a defense to the dog bite if you are sued. The neighbor sounds ridiculous to file any sort of complaint, considering the size of the "injury." I think that you'll be okay.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.