Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

if you are schduled in indiana to be sentence can u switch

lawyers...
if you are schduled in indiana to be sentence can u switch lawyers
6/29/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Can you please explain your situation a little better?

need better lawyer

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your follow up.

If you do want to fire your current attorney and hire another one, you would have to obtain court's permission to substitute attorneys and your current attorney would have to file Motion to Withdraw and if it is granted by the judge, then you can have your new attorney represent you at sentencing.

While this can be done, in many cases judges presiding over criminal cases would not allow criminal attorneys to withdraw until the case is over.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law