Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE FROM THE AMERICAN

I HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE FROM THE AMERICAN CHAMBER OF BUSINESS. HE CLAIMS HE CAN GET ME BACK MUCH OF THE MONEY I HAVE LOST IN FRAUDULENT INTERNET BUSINESSES. I CANNOT FIND THIS COMPANY ON BBB OR GOOGLE. DOES IT EXIST? ANOTHER SCAM TRYING TO GET $9000. FROM ME?

You've got it in one! There is no such organization as the American Chamber of Business. It just sounds enough like the American Chamber of Commerce that the scammer hopes it will fool you.

Putting it bluntly, when someone has been scammed before, a victim makes it onto the scammer's "sucker list." The scammers will either come back at some point down the road pretending to be a new organization or they will sell the lists to other scammers, or both. In any case, the most common way that scammers come back is in the form of a company or government agency that claims to be able to get you back your lost money, for a fee, of course.

Of course, what you find out is that once you pay the fee, there's another fee and then another fee. And then another. And suddently, you're right back in the same sort of advance fee fraud that caught you the first time around.

Have nothing further to do with these people. They are just trying to steal your money. Report the scam to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center.

Tell them that you 're not interested.