How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mom have a house in Pennsylvania so she put that as her

Customer Question

My Mom have a house in Pennsylvania so she put that as her Primary residence for her driver's license, leased car agreement and car insurance. She now need to renew her drivers license but because of unfortunate health problem she can't physically go the PA Motor vehicle to renew. She also, have a house in Brooklyn, NY and that's where she's staying now. She used to have a NY license before she exchange her PA license back to NY again? If so, how is that going to impact her leased car and car insurance and registration?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If she cannot go to PA to renew her license, she can transfer her license back to NY, but that means that she will have to notify the leasing company and also her insurance as the vehicle registration and insurance would have to be changed to her residence within 30 days of her changing her license. The leasing company would generally not have any issue in modifying the lease so she can change the registration to NY and the insurance as well.

If she does not make the change, she can be ticketed in NY for failure to change registration. Also, if an accident or something happens to the car and they find she is residing in NY and has not notified the insurance or the leasing company, the insurance company can refuse to cover the insurance claim because they were not told the car would be stored or kept in NY.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is very helpful. Thank you so much.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Please do not forget to click excellent service feedback if you have not done so already as that is the only way the experts receive credit for time spent with customers.