ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

In the state of Texas, can a County Judge ammend or make a

In the state of Texas, can a County Judge ammend or make a notation on an order for an Occupational License.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Was the occupational license order issued by that court?

Customer:

yes it was.

ScottyMacEsq :

Then yes, that judge could amend the order for good cause. Transportation Code § 521.252 says that the court retains jurisdiction and can modify or revoke the occupational license at any time for good cause.

ScottyMacEsq :

The law says it has to be the court that granted the license (which is why I asked)...

Customer:

thak you very much for your help.

ScottyMacEsq :

But to request such an amendment, you would probably need to ask through a motion to amend.

ScottyMacEsq :

My pleasure.If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

Customer:

so then, i would have to "file" for a motion to ammend?

ScottyMacEsq :

Yes, if the judge is not willing to grant one informally. The typical process is to file such a motion. It's conceivable that this might not be required, but that would be up to the individual judge in the matter and how formal or informal he/she runs his/her courtroom./

ScottyMacEsq :

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

ScottyMacEsq :

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response.

Customer:

i have no other questions.