Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I read a case where a person had a friend represent them in

Customer Question

I read a case where a person had a friend (agent) represent them in court. The friend was not a lawyer, paralegal or law student. I wanted to know the laws or cases that would allow a person to have a friend represent them? Preferably Federal cases or cases that can be used as a basis for a Maryland court case.   

Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Dear Customer, My name is Andrea and my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

Please give me the name of the case. An individual can act "Pro Se" and represent himself in Court, however, neither a State, nor a Federal Court will permit a non-lawyer to represent a party in Court because that would constitute the crime of practicing law without a license.