Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I purchased some hydro equipment from a Canadian firm (an old

Customer Question
college friend) I picked it...
I purchased some hydro equipment from a Canadian firm (an old college friend) I picked it up at a ABF terminal and apparently the drug force was notified. I was stopped and asked if I had anything illegal and of course I did not. THe dog searched my car and it was said the truck had a smell. I knew this was not true, I agreed to them searching my home. they found nothing. They said that large amounts of weed were coming into US from Canada and for me to tell them I was picking it up for someone as I did not look the type. (?) I was then yelled at and told not to grow weed and they would let everyone in Iowa ? and Missouri know my name. My question, can they without due cause come back with a search warrant to see if I am growing
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
6/27/2013
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 4 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to
providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up
questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Wow. You actually let them do a home search?

At this juncture, the answer is no. They need probable cause to get a search warrant for your home and it does not seem as if they have it.

What do you mean. "Wow, you let them do a home search" I had nothing to hide and I don't recall asking for your opinion on what I had already done. I want my money back.

Hello

Well, It is rare that a person just lets the police into their home - because things can be planted.

And you have not been charged for my time and information

But I have given you all true and correct information. And the bad rating is unwarranted and affects my ability to continue to provide true and correct information to others.

So I hope you will reconsider - and know that I only mentioned it because police have been known to plant things. And whether you have anyting to hide or not, it is No 1 rule - never let them in - and always have a local attorney when being questioned.

Ok, I will try again, did you get my second question.

Hello

The only question I see here is the one you asked about can they now return with a warrant or do they need probable cause.

And my original answer was - NO. They cannot get a warrant without the probable cause.

If you have another question, please ask it here.

Thank you

I had another incident in Nov of 2012. My apartment complex caught fire and I had 9 small seedlings and was arrested for cultivating. Not held, no bond. I have not heard from them since. I check the case net file and call the municipal court for outstanding warrents. I once checked with an attorney and he told me they may have let it go. The one police officer has left the force. I had called in the following months but the police dept. acted like I was an idiot and had nothing to tell me. But if these cops find out and I think they might would that past arrest give them cause. I do not sell, just for personal use and I make butter for several hospices for cancer patients. YES it does help them eat and enjoy nutrition

Welcome and thank you for your question

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

No. That is not enough probable cause.

You don't have to convince me of the benefits of Medical marijuana.

Sam, Attorney at Law