How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my car was stold on top of police report was my contact num

Customer Question

my car was stold on top of police report was my contact num so car would not get towede to impound my car was then recoverd by police and a freind of mine saw mycar being pullede over and called me with in min i called the police before theyeven arrested guy driveing it and they would not let me get my car from them and towed it i couldnt aford the tow fees and storge and placeis onley open after i start work and convently closes before u get off work rendering it imposable to retrieve your car back at 35.00dollarsaday this makes my car up to 1300.00 dollars wtf is wrong here why am i a victom twice id rather have the thieft kept it before the the impound stold it the theift probley realy needed it and not to mention losen constructon job and contracts becouse have no car what can i do to get my car back from these legal thieves twin citi transport recovery on genieva ave oak dale minn they should make a law to stop leagal car thieft against these inpounds becouse if they can make a 100 percent profit selling your car at ther auction at the end of 60 days what a f**king scam and the police are rite there to help there couse
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that you need to go to the court and get the court to order the release with waiver of fees if you do not have insurance on your car that will cover this. If you have comprehensive insurance, then they would cover the payment of the impound fees.

Also, if they made an arrest on the case, the court needs to release the vehicle anyhow, since the vehicle is considered evidence in the case. Thus, you would file a motion in the criminal court where the case is being heard and you would ask the court in the Motion for Release of Vehicle for an order letting your vehicle go and for waiver of the impound fees and towing fees.

At this point, I am sorry to say that the only way to do it is with the court order at this point and they cannot sell the car anyhow until the car has been released as evidence in the auto theft case.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.