How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33933
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone gets a court order to put you in hospital because

This answer was rated:

If someone gets a court order to put you in hospital because they say your mentally ill. Where can you find out the case files recent or a case or many years ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Are you asking where you can get a copy of the legal file or the medical one?


legal file

JD 1992 :

You can find it at the clerk of the court's office for the court which issued the order. They keep the case files forever or at least copies of them and they are available for your inspection.

JD 1992 :

Occasionally a court will seal a file but if they do then you can petition the court to reopen it and since you were a party the court will definitely grant the motion.

Dwayne B. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I ask the court clerk for the file by my name or something else I have to do?

Sorry for the delay in responding, had a computer glitch.

It should be under your name as one of the parties.