How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im being harrassed and humiliated by students and staff from

This answer was rated:

Im being harrassed and humiliated by students and staff from school i pay rent and buy groceries for my parents, these people are manipulating my parents who are very sick , they have watched me in the shower and on the toilet, they watch my 13 year old daughter in the shower, im beginning to fear for my life and my family, 3 students in particular have my mom brainwashed, im willing to do whatever it takes , do i have any kind of rights? Is this legal? Can they just watch me and keep taunting me?

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

Hi, are you able to see this?

Brandon M. :

Some people have web browser versions that are not entirely compatible with the "chat" mode. It appears that you may be experiencing technical difficulties. I will wait about 2 more minutes for a response. If you are unable to respond in that time frame, I will switch modes--it will be slightly less convenient, but it should resolve any issues that you may be experiencing. Thank you for your patience.

Brandon M. :

Having not received a response, I will switch modes now.

Hello again. Are you able to see this and respond?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

  • im here



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

whats my answer?



Thank you for your patience. I need a bit more information, if you can spare it. How do we know that the individuals in question are watching you and your daughter in the shower and on the toilet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have witnesses and pictures, i have video recording of them in my house watching me on camera,

I want to make sure that my understanding is correct. Do you mean to say that they have set up video cameras in your home and have watched you and your daughter through the video cameras?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

exactly, students were even here drnk along with my school instructors, and my mom says big deal, we all look same naked, its unbelievable

im uNder extreme stress




That is incredibly offensive, and I'm so sorry to learn that you have been victimized in this way. What you have described--video recording someone in the nude when there is an expectation of privacy--is a criminal offense in California. If you report the matter to law enforcement, they can investigate and, if they find that a criminal act has occurred, prosecute those responsible. Furthermore, to intrude upon one's seclusion is also foundation to bring a civil lawsuit against the perpetrators. In other words, you can also sue for the emotional distress and humiliation that would be reasonably suffered from such an offensive act.

How to proceed is up to you, but I would start by contacting your local law enforcement agency--the local police if you have a police force, and the county sheriff's department if you don't. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thanks.
Brandon M. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i transferred schools, would like to file a lawsuit now, can you help me?





Unfortunately, under my terms and conditions with the website, I am prohibited from having contact with you outside the website (lest I steal away their business, I suppose). However, you can ask the Colorado bar association for a referral to a personal injury attorney through the following website: