Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Baja CA for quite a few years now. I Built the home

Customer Question

I live in Baja CA for quite a few years now. I Built the home I live in. Its beautiful. The original land owner passed away in 2007. Currently the widow and the deceased's family are in a war on ownership. I have no problem with that. But I do have a problem when because I am late with a mainytenance payment they will not let us drive our car to our home.
My wife and I are disabled and unable to walk great distances. We need our car for medical emergencies, food etc.
We have been forced to park our auto 1/2 mile away from the entrance gate. We need to get a ride to it or call a cab.
This maintenance problem is in reality a small thing. But, I think using our disabilities as a way for us to pay 100. dollars must be illegal.
I know this is Baja CA Mexicco, but it is our retirement home. PLEASE HELP
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies, just to be clear you are asking about Mexican law and not US law? This is taking place in Mexico?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

correct?

Doug,

I am clarifying becaue US and Mexican law are quite different. If I understand correctly, then I can research the answer for you as we do not have Mexican professionals on-site. I can reply based on US law but if you are in Mexico, the answer I will provide will not be useful or potentially accurate. Please advise.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I must be gauranteed this will work. I'm sorry I can't do it this way. Thanks for your efforts.

I hope I will be credited the fee?