How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I got divorced, and in the decree it stated that

Customer Question

My wife and I got divorced, and in the decree it stated that we agreed she would live in the house until it was sold. Later she moved out and leased the house out. Even later she signed a quit claim deed to me and turned the renter over to me.
Can I move back in since she broke the agreement of living there, and signed the quit claim? Can she come back even though she broke the agreement?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question


I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

The answer is yes. She relinquished her rights to the home when she Quit Claimed it to you. It's yours now.