How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Finally met with my lawyer. He seems weary. Told me he has

This answer was rated:

Finally met with my lawyer. He seems weary. Told me he has not received husband's bank and credit card info. Discovery began few months ago. I had to provide same so this is very strange. I sold my house before marriage, husband insisted I give away everything and we would start over. The money from the house sale (before marriage) was spent by me. Also husband very controlling and sold most everything in the house, insisted, so offer says i didn't keep up with preservation, etc of house. I did help. But seems that is irrelevant. My husband's income is low on paper but have not seen records. Why would my attorney not pushed more by now?

Now he is going to send a large counteroffer,based on what we have not seen. If husband fails to respond, he will ask for deposition. This will enrage him. Can he rerescind current offer?

I have just started disability (bipolar) and now husband wants to modify support. Iam living in Florida temporarily. (parents house) because of his abuse and I cannont afford a place at home. I do not want to live there.

I feel that my lawyer is pessimistic. A month ago he said I would get a substantial settlement but refuses to elaborate why that has changed.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you again.

Your husband can rescind his offer up to when it is accepted. If you do not feel the offer is fair, do not just settle for it because you feel pressured. Furthermore, you can tell your attorney to file a motion to compel and/or an motion for contempt and seek sanctions for them not complying with the discovery in addition to seeking a deposition.

Your attorney is now more involved with the case and sees your ex delaying the process which increases attorney's fees and time to resolve the matter, but he also cannot really guarantee you anything now and he is trying not to raise your hopes as well, since he still has not gotten the information he needs to prove you are entitled to more.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you