Today a RACR was "Filed by the Court" ?

There has been little or...

There has been little or no activity on our case in the Circuit Court (Jury Trial, no dates set) for many months, today I received a notice that a RACR (request to access the court record) was "filed by the court" - what, if anyhing, does this typically indicate ?

6/21/2013
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Assuming that there are no parts of your case "sealed" then normally that notation would have been a request sent to the clerk to bring the file to the judge's office. If nothing is happening and no trial date is set for anything the judge may be preparing to put it on a dismissal docket or do something else to get it moving along.

JD 1992 :

A dismissal docket doesn't mean that the case is really being considered for dismissal, it is a docket that a number of cases would be set for dismissal and one or both of the parties would have to present a motion to retain the case and enter into some kind of scheduling order or set a date for trial. It's not unusual for this to happen in a case that has had no activity for 6-12 months.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney