Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If my child used my credit card and the man at the store seen

Customer Question
one of the names on...
If my child used my credit card and the man at the store seen one of the names on the card and realized he new her then proceeds to call her and give private information to her about purchased items without first contacting the card company or me the card owner surly that is breaking privacy policy he has no contact info on this he just assumed he had the right person to discuss my personal info with then the manager offers to pay for all items to prevent further issues they had no right other then to call the credit card company or decline to sell the items surly this is a lawsuit
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
6/21/2013
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 4 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a litigation attorney in Mississippi. Thanks for your question.

It is possible that you have a lawsuit against the store and this clerk for their actions and invasion of privacy and possibly other claims. HOWEVER, you have to be careful with this because the store could file fraud charges against your child for trying to use a credit card that doesn't belong to her.

Thus, it may not be something you want to push because that could result in your child being criminally charged. You likely have been wronged, but it may not be worth pursuing if it results in your child being charged with a crime.

They have no idea who used the card no id was gave it could have been me

Yes, but if you were to sue, the facts of the case would be that your child attempted to use the card - which is technically illegal.

You can be that they have video from the store surveillance cameras and it likely won't take much to be able to tell you're not the person in the video. Thus , this is going to come out at some point. Thus, there's a real possibility that your child may be charged with a crime.
Roger, Attorney