How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118236
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wanted to clarify yes I submitted an objection I asked the

This answer was rated:

I wanted to clarify yes I submitted an objection I asked the magistrate to add a couple of things to his findings and also to adjust the financials as I have less money now obviously and when I filed which is often the case. Primary issue I'm trying to figure out is what we have to have another hearing I am assuming the magistrate can review my objection and just simply re-issue his findings because if you would revise them he would have to then also notify my husband even though our divorce has been issued a Florida default by the clerk. What I am primarily trying to figure out is although they sent us their initial report dated June 10 and they allow 15 days to respond which would mean June 25 and I filed my objection yesterday June 19... How long do I have to decide if I want to issue a motion to dismiss? I assume that's at any point prior to the judge signing the final order am I correct? What I'm really asking is I issued an objection, if the magistrate agrees or disagrees does he have to re-issue a notice like he did the first time with that same 15 day response period or can he just adjust his findings and go ahead and send it to the judge? That will help me gauge how much time I have to decide if I want to dismiss thanks

Thank you for your new question.

The objections go to the judge and it is up to the judge to decide to send it back to the magistrate or to hold a hearing in the court before the judge.

You can file a motion to dismiss at any time before the decision is rendered. The decision though on your objections is up to the judge who gets the objections and the magistrate report and reviews them and decides if the magistrate needs to have a hearing to reconsider or if the judge himself is going to hear the objections on the report.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you