How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So, where I am so far from your earlier answer is to file the

This answer was rated:

So, where I am so far from your earlier answer is to file the form F2081-1.5 Motion Employment of Professionals you sent me with an attached No Hearing Required Motion citing CCP § 703.140(b)(1)
In re Talmiadge, 832 F.2d 1120 (9th Cir 1987) for $24,060.00 § 703.140(b)(2) for $4,800 is all I can find for this purpose. OR do I simple use the new Wild Card $26,925.00 cash CCP 703.140(b)(1)and(5). Jan 1, 2013 increase? You can bill me for this additional question

Can you please rate my previous answer, before we start a new Q&A session. I'm only compensated, if you provide a positive rating.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Hello again,

I'm not sure if I understand the question -- feel free to clarify. If you are asking whether or not you would use the wild card exemption available when you first filed bankruptcy, or the cost-of-living adjusted exemption available today, then the answer is that the value of exempt property is fixed on the date of filing the bankruptcy petition.


Please let me know if my answer is off the mark.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Basically - do I need to file the Compensation for Professionals Form with the Court, with an attachment of a Motion using the Exemptions I sited or would you recommend using the Wild Card Exemption. The BK has been going on for six years already. I am just trying to get a Motion out.

It's not entirely clear to me why you are restricting your search for money to pay for fees, to your exempt property. If your plan is confirmed then the property of the bankruptcy estate revests in the debtor, which means that you can do what you want with the estate property, as long as you continue to pay the debts ordered paid under the plan.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you