How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117401
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been in a highly contentious divorce/custody dispute for

This answer was rated:

I've been in a highly contentious divorce/custody dispute for over 6 years now. At this point I have proven that the other party was guilty of having me falsely arrested, guilty of producing and filing false evidence to the court and to our 3rd Child Custody Evaluator, among many other things like making defamatory statements about me on FaceBook and other social networking sites. At this point I have a 5 year CLETS restraining order against her but she wont stop.

She's also recently filed multiple fraudulent Proof of Service documents to the Court, which I can prove, and she has filed a false Motion to Quash a Subpoena sent for other proofs of these acts... In this Motion to Quash, sent to a third party, she makes many horrendous accusations about me that are utterly false and have been proven false already in Family Court. She goes to the extent to say that she has a "permanent restraining order" against me, which is also not true. I'm the only one with a Restraining Order against anyone.

Ultimately, some of these acts are a Felony in California (namely Perjury, for signing false Proof of Service docs under that penalty). And now continuous libel and defamation despite there being ample evidence that I've already proven all of her statements untrue.

Sure I have considered filing a Police Report (which I will do), but how will I get a DA to prosecute this and take this very serious matter serious to them?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Have you filed a motion for sanctions yet?

Have you filed suit for malicious prosecution?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have filed for Sanctions in regards XXXXX XXXXX False Proof of Service Docs and my having to take that matter to Court to have the Orders she had set in place vacated (she stole Legal Custody of our son from me with fraudulent paperwork).


I did not file for malicious prosecution after the false arrest because I thought at the time (more than 4 years ago), that I could settle issue with her.

Thank you for your response.

The statute of limitations has passed I am afraid now for the malicious prosecution case. You are going to be limited now to filing motions for sanctions and ask for default for the divorce based on her fraudulent conduct. You can also ask for the court to award you monetary penalties for her conduct on top of the default order for divorce and community property distribution.

You can try to file criminal charges, but the statute of limitations for felony charges punishable by less than 8 years in prison (which these are) is only 3 years from date of offense.

I am afraid that at this point in your action, because you did not pursue the malicious prosecution and if you are outside of the criminal statutes of limitations, this really might be your only legal avenue left to pursue.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you