How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118651
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help with filling out an appeal form. The court went against me, and I am questioning

This answer was rated:

Need help with filling out an appeal form. The court went against me, and I am questioning it;s jurisdiction, as the court is in PA and the property is in NJ. A man sued me for $2,500 for work he never preformed. No contracts or agreements, orally or written were ever signed.
Thank you for your question. While we cannot actually represent anyone from this site (meaning we cannot prepare legal documents or go to court), if you have specific questions you need answered, we would be glad to work with you to help answer those questions.

Please give us the specific questions you have about filling out the form?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the form for Civil Common Pleas, the cover sheet on the commencement of Action there are 5 choices. 1.Compliant

2. Transfer from another jurisdiction 3. Writ of Summons 4.Petition

5.Declaration of Taking. Which one do I check? I am contesting the judgement on the following grounds. Wrong jurisdiction PA law does

not cover actions in N J. And it is a he said she said and I have witness that he is lying.

He never did what he said he did. He did remove

some sand from my driveway. That's it. Is that worth $2,500 and I never asked him to do it. He offered to do it. No money

was ever mentioned.,

What is the common pleas number? The court asks for this on the Notice of appeal.

Thank you for your response.

Is this the form you are filing?

The form you describe sounds like a form for a new complaint and not an appeal.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX in Pa sent me the other form. Anyway what is the Common Pleas #?

The common pleas # XXXXX XXXXX number assigned by the court clerk, that is left blank until you actually file the case and the clerk will stamp it on the form.

What you are filing is a petition for appeal to the court of common pleas and I believe you might have the wrong form if your form does not have that on there as you can see from the form I sent you above.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for your help.

Thank you.