Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My name isXXXXX need help concerning a vehicle

Customer Question
that I believe falls under...
My name isXXXXX need help concerning a vehicle that I believe falls under the Washington State Lemon Law. It concerns a 1995 Buick Park Avenue. Your help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you , Millie D. Henkel. Cell number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
6/19/2013
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 years ago
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
I need a few more details before I can comment on your particular situation...
.
If you can give me some more of the story behind your problem and let me know what your particular legal question is tonight, I will do my best to help and provide you with accurate legal information.
.
.
Thanks

This is kind of complicated to put into an email. Would you please call me at the number I entered. Thank you

I am sorry, but under my agreement with JustAnswer, I am only allowed to have contact with customers through this website.
.
If that won't work for you, I understand, and will notify customer service that you would like to cancel your question.
.
Just let me know if you would like to proceed.
.
.
Thanks

I am having a hard time sending this information to you. We bought a 1995 Buick Park Ave in October of 2012.At that time we were told that it has a crankshaft oil leak and that the three main pulley bearings also needed to be replaced. Other than these issues the car was great. We paid $1800.00 cash. We took it in to a reputable mechanic and found out that the engine was not the original and had been replaced with the wrong engine for that car. On June 18,2013 we had the car towed to Seaview Chevrolet. We were told basically the same thing including that the car was to dangerous to drive. We have only put maybe 300 miles on the car since it was bought. That alone is an exaggeration. The mechanics found that the crankshaft case had been worked on several times by the different colors of sealers used. The owner looked me straight in the eye and lied to me. Do we have any recourse?

Thank you for the additional information.
.
Did you buy the vehicle from a private seller or from a dealer?
.
Was there any type of written warranty that came with the vehicle?
.
.
Thanks

It was an individual seller. He sold the car to my domestic partners brother who returned it for he felt he did not have the time to work on it. There was no warranty written or implied.

Ok, I hate to give bad news, so please don't shoot the messenger...But I am afraid that if this was a private sale and there was no written warranty, then this would have been sold "as is" and the buyer would take the vehicle as it sits, defects and all. That is why it is critical for a used car buyer to have any vehicle thoroughly inspected to ensure it is mechanically sound before they buy it. After they buy it, it is theirs, problems and all.
.
Any verbal representations the seller may have made would not be contractually binding. Everything has to be in writing in a situation like this in order to hold the seller responsible.
.

I am sorry to have to provide you with bad news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Barrister, Attorney