Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a disabled, 61year old women. Married 10 years In Manor

I am a disabled, 61year old women. Married 10 years In Manor Texas. My husband has left after I took care of his son for 10 years, he could not get along with my daughter for 2 years. She moved into my Dads house to help me with my Father. After my Dad died my husband moved in. Can I get legal aid? I bring in about $1900.00 a month?

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry that you are experiencing this matter.

First of all, anything that you inherited that you did not put into joint names will remain yours as separate property even if you inherited after the marriage

And to answer your question about Legal Aid, there are guidelines and they are as follows

If you have 1 child the salary cannot exceed $1128 a month.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We do not have any children in our marriage. My daughter never lived with us except to help me with Dad< she is 36. My step son is now 21 so I raised him. His Mom was abusive so he had many problems with anger. In counseling most of his young life. Never saw his Mom. So I need to know what it is with no children!

Thanks,

Hello

Then no, you will not qualify for the Legal Aid. That amount of $1128 is the lowest you would be allowed to qualify - it goes up not down based on the number of children

So for a single person that means you cannot earn more than $13,538 a year.

Additionally, legal aid is not going to be available if there are no children involved. If you cannot afford a private attorney then I suggest you will want to try to proceed on your own.