How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would it be a good idea for her to inform the court of the

Customer Question

Would it be a good idea for her to inform the court of the situation she would have if allowed to move back here? We offered her FREE daycare while she finished her G.E.D. and worked to support her daughter, free housing (we live in a cinder block farm house on 10+acres), no utilities or other bills, allowing her to spend her money on her car and her daughter, room and board for both of them and any help with clothing and other essentials should she need it. We are not drug users or criminals and we have never abused our 3 children. She can stay as long as she likes and we will help her move to her own place when she is ready.

We will write up what we offer as well as the plentiful job opportunities available to her down here if you feel that would be helpful.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question ad thank you most kindly for requesting me to assist you further.

That really does not help her. She can bring up where the child could live, why such an atmosphere would be in the best interest, and how it would benefit the child, but it really benefits you more than her. All that you suggested would be great if you yourselves would file for guardianship, claim that both parents are unfit, and that you are able to care for the child yourself. That is definitely an another option to consider if you decide to go that route. I agree that pointing out a more favorable place to raise the child would help, as would the less cost and concern with safety, but that is really more of your own benefit as a potential surrogate guardian.

Hope that helps.