How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102584
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

( ILLINOIS) Hi Ely, I am having someone take me to court, so

This answer was rated:

( ILLINOIS) Hi Ely, I am having someone take me to court, so instead of getting your normal subpena with the court date and all of that I get served with a paper saying I have to file a answer with the circuit clerks office and they want to charge me $105.00
for this. my question is they want me to go to court, why am I ordered to pay anything at this point? Thank You in advance !!
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me. I hope you are well today.
Can you please tell me:
1) What county is this in; and
2) Is this Small Claims part of Circuit Court, or, 'regular' Circuit Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fulton co. IL..... I am not sure on the small claims or the other it just says circuit court. He is wanting $30,000
Thank you for your reply, friend.
At $30,000, this is not small claims.
I am afraid that there is a fee of $105. However, you can confirm this by calling the clerk of court at(###) ###-####and ask to speak with someone in regards ***** ***** filing fees.
The filing fees can be waived if one pleads indigence with a Pauper's Affidavit at the time of filing an answer. But the Court will only waive the fee if it feels that you really cannot afford it. Please let me know if you need information on this matter.
Gentle Reminder: Please use the CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Ely and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you