How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In mass. If a corporation files in small claims. do they need

Customer Question

In mass. If a corporation files in small claims. do they need to have an officer of the corp. file as plaintiff or do they need an attorney or can any employee of the corp. file for them as plaintiff?

Sean the defendant
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER- A corporation is a separate entity and cannot represent itself in court. You can file a written complaint with the Bar Association for the unauthorized practice of law against anyone who is not an attorney and is representing a corporation in a court of law. The clerk is wrong and does not have the power to change the rules but if they do your only option is to file a complaint with the Bar Association.