How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I needed to file Ch 7 bankruptcy on my 27 year old dental practice.

Customer Question

I needed to file Ch 7 bankruptcy on my 27 year old dental practice. I visited an attorney in January and filled out some paperwork and returned two weeks later with a final debt to vendor list for him to file with the court. Returning attention to a custody battle for my 9 year old son, several months went by and I realized i hadn t received any correspondence from either him or the court and not knowing if I should found my landlord had changed locks on my practicer making it impossible to move oiut the remaining equipment and denied assess to patient records , patients who were asking for copies to take to their new dentist.
I called this attorney and inquired that its now 6 months and Ive informed quite a few people and vendors that we filed for CH 7 in Jan, and upon ASKING if he FILED , HE SAYS HE WILL GET RIGHT BACK TO ME .
And he never does..
Does FILING TAKE THIS LONG AND WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS AT THIS POINT WITH A DIVORCE TRIAL IN 3 WEEKS WHERE THIS is removed from equitable distribution b/c it went bankrupt. the judge is going to be thrilled when he learns it never happened.
What to do?

Any guidance is appreciated/.
Dr Mike/
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Unfortunately, we are not permitted to tell JA customers what to do, as such legal advice can only be obtained from a local attorney, but can only provide customers with general answers to customer's legal question.

Can you tell me if that is ok with you and if it is, then please state your specific legal question for me?