How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118152
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Was Told I have Cystic Fibrosis when I was 2 1/2 (parents

This answer was rated:

I Was Told I have Cystic Fibrosis when I was 2 1/2 (parents were.) I was told I'm Going to Die B4 18 by ALL my Doctors ALL my life till I past 18. I based my ENTIRE life on this. I did nothing in school. I made every one hate me So No one would Cry when I die. Come to find out I dont Have the CF most ppl have Its Not the same. I helped Make A cure For the CF I have For Free When I could have got Payd. I donated my blood insted of selling it. Now they have a cure but its $500K A year. My doc sayd Ill never see it. I Even got A wish from Make A wish. This rewend the life I couls Have had. Im on disability for the mental stress they made me go threw. I WANT THEM TO PAY. Sorry about the spelling and stuff. I Cant even spell my middle name when the Social sec judg asked. A side Efect of Doctors not knowing what there doing. Who needs friends and school when you are not around long? IM 27 And More hurt than when They told me Ill die soon. I could have had A life, I waisted it By trusting them. I was just A little KId.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Have you yet explored filing a medical malpractice suit against the doctors who misdiagnosed you based on your learning of the misdiagnosis recently?

Under WA law there is a 1 year statute of limitations upon finding out about the misdiagnosis and you would also have to argue mental incompetence during all this time as grounds for filing late beyond the statute of limitations, but this would be your only real recourse against the doctors who misdiagnosed you. Under WA law, you would need a licensed doctor in WA to actually testify as to the misdiagnosis and the causing you of emotional distress as well as all of the other damages you were caused by this misdiagnosis.

I am afraid that your only real recourse on this case is filing the medical malpractice suit against the doctors and it is a chance for you to get money to at least compensate you for everything you were put through and this is your best chance to at least start having a better life.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know if they See it as two sperite things. I can explane maybe. Picture A DNA Strand. CF is A mutated part that is in the wrong spot. the problem with me is the thing is not mutated and its in the right spot. the doc sayd its just turned off like a light switch. I helped them make it turn on. There are only 300 of us in the world. Im trieing to say. they dont have a seprit name for us yet.

Thank you for your response.

I see what you are saying, but you still have a potential for the claim of the infliction of emotional distress if the doctors can at least testify that what you have did not show up as regular CF and as such there was a misdiagnosis of early death that is inherently severe emotional distress. Attorney's are not doctors or medical experts and in these cases an attorney would have to rely heavily on a medical expert to make the case that they improperly diagnosed you and thus you incurred extreme emotional distress as a result.
Thank you very much. I don't know what more you wanted, but I cannot comment on your medical issues, just the possible legal claims you have. If you want comment on your medical issue, you must post a new question in our medical section.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hold .. I pee my pant when sad. just happens.. ill be back latter

You need to ask your medical question as a new question to a medical expert in our medical section. Thank you so much.