How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117361
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am inquiry how I might force a person to re-pay money that

This answer was rated:

I am inquiry how I might force a person to re-pay money that was loaned. A promissory note was issued, signed and notarized. The loan was to pay for delinquent
real estate tax in St. Louis Co. Mo.
The tax was $13,000 on a house in Ellisville Mo.
In the promissory note the agreement was to list the house for sale. After a sale was completed , payment of the loan would be made.
The house has never been listed with a real estate company.
The promissory note was given August 21, 2012.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you have a written contract, which is what the promissory note is, and the other party will not comply with the terms, your only legal recourse is to file suit in court for breach of contract and seek to get the court to order either repayment or force a sale on the house. If the party does not comply with the court order, then they can be held in contempt of court for refusing to do so.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you