How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118318
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if I have 2 VA houses deeded over to

This answer was rated:

if I have 2 VA houses deeded over to my Ugandan fiance is she liable for US income tax

I am  sole  beneficiary  of  VA  trust it  will  be  the  trustee  deeding  the  houses

she  has  never  left  Uganda

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Yes, if her name is XXXXX XXXXX deed of the houses and the houses generate any income at all, then she as the owner of the houses must file a tax return either as a resident alien or non-resident alien for any and all income made in the US. If you are gifting her the houses, then a gift tax will have to be paid and you will have to pay them as you are the beneficiary of the trust and are giving her the houses..

Generally, if the houses are in trust, it is best to keep them in the trust and let the trust pay the taxes on them.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

website is goofy...............says second question is free then threatens to hold my MONEY if I dont rate

You did rate me above as you were supposed to do. I apologize for any issues you are having with the site though. Did you have a follow up question to this one that is related?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you responded to 2 question with high level m of competence my complaint is of the website's confusion

I understand and I will let those responsible for this site know, as the experts have nothing to do with the site and are users just like the customers.