Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Alexis the postal service confirmed the signatures were forged.

Only 1/5 usps was picked...
Alexis the postal service confirmed the signatures were forged. Only 1/5 usps was picked up in my town. The signature at usps does not match the one used against me (pos) in Chancery. Are you ever out of time to file in Appellate on fraud? I can confirm I was not served? What do you think my next step should be? I will motion the trial court so I can use this usps proof that service did not occur. What motion do I file??
6/12/2013
Fran-mod
I will contact Alexia for you so that she will know that your question is waiting for her. She will see it when she next checks her email.

Thanks for your patience.
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Alexis the postal service confirmed the signatures were forged. Only 1/5 usps was picked up in my town. The signature at usps does not match the one used against me (pos) in Chancery. Are you ever out of time to file in Appellate on fraud? Yes, the appeal time limit is firm. Do your research on what the time limit is on various bases of motions to vacate - i.e. fraud, is there a limit? Some it is a year. See if there is blanket bases - such as "to prevent a miscarriage of justice."

I can confirm I was not served? What do you think my next step should be? It should be a motion to vacate based on the fraud (get an affidavit from the PO) and that goes to the trial judge, and if she denies it, THEN you can appeal that Motion denial (again, in that 20-30 day window you have).

I will motion the trial court so I can use this usps proof that service did not occur. What motion do I file?? Again, it is a motion to vacate judgment bsed on fraud, miscarriage of justice, etc), or motion for relief from judgment, all the same thing - you can probably find some sample motions (possibly a different state, but same basis)

I can confirm I was not served? What do you think my next step should be? What else but filing a motion?

Here is another thought: What about SUING the firm that lied about you - it impersonated you AND lied, fabricating statement that you did sign for a package you didn't sign for, etc. That would a fresh case against the law firm, and perhaps a few individuals within it. Defamation? Theft? Just some ideas - and you may get into a court DIFFERENT than this judge. I would't avoid the motion to vacate - just sue the firm on top of it. They should be disbarred, it is unbelievable what they did.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney