How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have another question the paperwork when I was given the

This answer was rated:

I have another question the paperwork when I was given the summons to appear in small claims had my correct name. The paperwork that I received after the judgement my name is ***** ***** daughter who's of age also was served her paperwork after the judgement
was also in my incorrect name. Not her name. Am I responsible for her judgement also?
I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you the true and correct information in this regard.
Please tell me what is the error on your name in the Judgment
Also, was your daughter sued separately?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My legal name is ***** ***** name on the document is Diana correct last name on both documents. My daughter was sued separately for her own bills (this was medical bills from a car accident) her balance was different than mine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The judgement is from California and we live on texas
Thank you. ***** is not valid with the incorrect name and no you are not responsible for your daughter's judgment and she should have her own in her correct name.
I suggest you can contact the creditor's attorney and tell them that the judgments are not valid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was a collection company that called me. The doctors wife did the paperwork. Do I call the collection company they said they were going to garnish my pay. Thank you so much
Yes I suggest you call the collection agency.
Here is the thing, if they have the judgment it is good for 7 years for them to begin the garnishment. So even if it is invalid they can go back and get it corrected. So I suggest you get it over with and call them and let them know it is invalid. Or write them.
Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you