How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1989, I was stopped on I-12 and a search found 554 pounds

This answer was rated:

In 1989, I was stopped on I-12 and a search found 554 pounds of marijuanna. In 1992, I was sentenced to 30 years hard labor. I did 15 years in federal and La. state prison and was released to 15 more years of parole. I am on interstate compact here in New Mexico. How do I go about ending this next 9 years of parole?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but I am afraid you are in a very difficult position. Once you have completed at least 1/2 of your parole without any incident, your only chance is to file a motion to the parole board for early parole release and present evidence of your compliance with all terms of parole without any violations. You will need your parole officer's support in your motion, because if the parole officer objects the board will not award you early termination of your parole I am afraid. In addition to your parole officer's support, you will need to present witnesses to the parole board that you have become a productive member of the community and you are not engaged in any improper conduct in the community. I am afraid that this is the sole way to seek to get your parole terminated legally.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you