How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118788
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am told by my Gastro MD that I will die of old age and

This answer was rated:

If I am told by my Gastro MD that I will die of old age and not Hepatitis C, shouldn't I be able to get life insurance not based on Hep C. He is an MD specialist and should know if my liver is healthy or not.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Insurance is a matter of contract, which means every company gets to set its own parameters for coverage and can decide who to cover. There is no law stating a policy cannot exclude someone with Hep C, even if they are not symptomatic. However, if your doctor is stating you are healthy and not suffering from any effects of Hep C and are not even in need of treatment, your sole recourse is that you have a right to appeal the denial in writing to the insurance company with a detailed medical report from your doctor explaining your situation and it is ultimately up to the insurance company to decide I am afraid. An insurance company does not have to insure anyone they choose not to insure in this type of situation I am afraid and there is no law we can rely on to force them to do so I am sorry to say.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you