How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102504
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have made 4 months of payments towards my student loan- vsac

This answer was rated:

i have made 4 months of payments towards my student loan- vsac took over in december- they did not post 4 months payments and iam bing jerked araound- where do i file a complaint
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am very sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state are you in; and
2) Is this a government-guaranteed student loan, or not (or not sure)?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


we are in the state on new jersey - and this is a loan from department of education- i guess yes- government loan - vsac is the servicing company- the servicing company before them was directloan- so directloan is sitting on the money according to vsac- and every time i call either one of them iam beinf ping ponged- in the meantime they are charging interest on the money i already paid

Thank you for your reply, Mila.

You have two ways to make a complaint here:

Consumer Finance Protection Bureau
The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau is a new agency, and deals with student loan issues, specifically:
-Difficulties making full payment
-Confusing advertising or marketing terms
-Billing disputes
-Deferment and forbearance issues
-Debt collection and credit reporting problems

You may contact them here and make a complaint by clicking on SUBMIT A COMPLAINT to the right.

This is on a federal level.

Attorney General of NJ
On a state level, the Attorney General of New Jersey may take an active role in malicious matters such as these. A complaint may be filed here.

Often, simply the threat of filing such a complaint, or, actually doing so will help resolve the matter.

Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you